Thứ Sáu, 15 tháng 6, 2012

A Lion Share of Love- Quilled Cartoon Landscape Picture

I have used my usual landscape picture quilling techniques to quill this cartoon   (check my tutorial if you haven't already) created by  Cheerful Madness.

I love the way the eyes turned out and am so glad I was able to bring out the innocence of the characters doing justice to the creator of the cartoon who's work is really  fabulous.



I did not want to put plastic eyes as it seems like cheating to me. I wanted to be true to quilling!! No short cuts for me. I combined tight coils and zig-zag basic techniques to get the shape of the eyes.




Once I got the shape of the eyes, I encircled the eyes in black and used the end of the strip to create the lashes by folding it and pasting it together.

The rest is the usual. I have used zig zag basic for the mane and  tail.  Regular loose coils for the face and loose coils encircled in a darker shade for the body. The direction in which you paste the coils is important if you want to give the impression of depth to your work.

I have used honeycomb oblong shapes to form the earthy patches and for the grass I used the leafy grass shape which I used in the waterfall landscape.

I Love this piece. I hope you like it too.









































Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...