Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 6, 2013

Quilled Picture - Leaves & Berries

Today, it's quilled berries with an emphasis on the quilled compound leaves, inspired by a pic I took some time back.

I have seen many beautiful leaves, but wanted to try out a compound leaf  with tiny leaflets. I had the option of using leaves like in my tutorial on compound leaf, or my tutorial on looped compound leaf  but I wanted the leaves to be solid for this one, as the emphasis would be on the leaves. So,  I have used beehive quilling to create these leaves.

I prefer to used outline leaves in floral frames for a delicate look or most of the time, for landscapes.

Here, the leaves are made very similar to the compound spiked flower for which I posted a tutorial in my last post. Take a closer look,

As you can see , the sub coils have been glued slanting and facing upwards and I have used a combination of greens and browns. I used beehive as it was much quicker than quilling individual leaves and then gluing them to create each leaf.

As you can see,  a simple variation of a method can give you a very different outcome and  open out so many options. I find the main thing about quilling different themes and designs is to be imaginative and innovative. Another trick is to keep a quilling eye open !! If I like something, I always look at it with the intention of quilling it without repeating the same old technique.

I have made the branches in 3d and mounted them on the backing.  I generally look at similar leaves and try to imitate nature so it looks more natural and real.

The berries are simple pegs with some glued on top of others.

I hope you like this frame as much as I enjoyed quilling it. And thank you all in advance for taking the time to comment. You are my inspiration.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...