Thứ Năm, 21 tháng 5, 2009

I am becoming my mother...

This is the topic S gave me to write about.  I was excited to write about it until I realized that I don't have enough character traits to become my mother--I could only wish and aspire to be half the woman she is.  In any case, there are a few emerging traits that have come about with the birth of T.  I am becoming my mother...

1.  I panic when my house is a mess when people are coming over and go on a cleaning frenzy beforehand.  I actually look forward to people coming over because that's when the house is at it's cleanest/neatest.

2.  I worry if people are fed, have had enough to eat and are comfortable.  

3.  I say things like "Ten cuidado" and  "No tan rápido"

4.  I sing the same songs my mother sang to me and could care less if I can carry a tune or not... T loves it regardless.

5.  I actually have patience.  I don't have patience for anything else in the world, but I do with T.

6.  I call family members to see how they're doing and keep up to date records of where everyone is and what they're doing.

7.  I have to have my earrings on or I feel naked.

8.  I'm always fighting with the cat because he gets the floor dirty whereas my mother is always fighting with the dog because he gets the floor dirty.

9.  I pay attention to details and remember what people like to eat, drink, read, etc. so that I can give them thoughtful gifts.

10.  I garden and try to keep plants alive and actually enjoy tending to them.

11.  I take T outside to show him the wonders of nature just like my mom did with me.

12.  I listen to others and give advice when asked... but let others make their own decisions without imposing my opinions.

Ways I WISH I were like my mother

1.  She's selfless...has made many sacrifices for the family.

2.  She's hard-working... it seems that all she does is work!  I like my free time.

3.  She's patient with EVERYONE.

4.  She has a disposition that makes people open up to her...

5.  She somehow managed to keep a LARGE family fed, well cared for, worked, and kept a clean house... and I struggle with ONE child.

6.  She can cook up anything in no time and it's awesome.

7.  She gets her hair and nails done every month.

8.  She is wise and has good intuition.

I think a lot of this comes with time.  It's hard to believe that she's turning 60 in June and looks better than ever.  :)  

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...