Thứ Sáu, 24 tháng 7, 2009

:(

So my hard drive is fried on my laptop. Thankfully I backed up all 5,000+photos I had except for the ones taken the past two weeks (which happen to be my favorites but never mind that!). I lost a years worth of assignments/tests I had written up for my students (I may have a few on a thumb drive but not all), a TON of links from curriculum writing this summer that I was saving to use with my students next year and all the photoshop projects I had started. I just wanted to go in a corner and cry this morning.

In any case, I've learned to back up things like documents AND to make sure I plug the laptop into a surge protector, especially during a thunder storm.

With all this loss, I do have something good that came out of it. I got myself a Macbook Pro... pretty nice. Every photographer I know has one and apparently, it's a "must" for artsy fartsy folks like me. So, yay for new toy.... boo for price tag!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...