Chủ Nhật, 16 tháng 5, 2010

God knows what He's doing...

The night before our road trip to OC, I was looking for ocean photography tips and looking through other's photos of OC.  I packed up all my photo equipment and put it in the car in excitement.  We cross over the bridge and Ocean City is in view... I go into my camera bag, pull out the camera and... NO MEMORY CARD.  I think part of my soul died at that moment but I was determined to enjoy myself.  I decided to take that as a sign from above... that God was telling me to put the camera down and enjoy myself and that I did.  Here's a summary of our weekend:

Friday:  Put feet in sand.  Walked the boardwalk for a while before realizing we should turn around and get the car (our hotel was on 28th street... the boardwalk starts at 1st or so....).  We had dinner at Phillips (wouldn't recommend it... it wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing), played mini golf at Embers (I won by one point!) and then headed to the boardwalk for dessert at Dumsers and to walk around.  We headed back to the hotel and sat on their awesome deck with awesome rocking chairs and had some wine as we watched a lightning storm that was off in the ocean.  We slept with the windows open so we could hear/smell the ocean.

Saturday:  Woke up to the sunrise and went out to the beach to watch the sun come up.  We came back and had breakfast at The Dough Roller (awesome!) then went back to the beach to lay out, walk the edge and collect seashells.  We went back to the room and had a nap after being out for a few hours.  Our friends B and W called and met us at the boardwalk where we went to Harrison's for lunch (expensive but worth it) and we hit up Dumsers and a few shops on the boardwalk.  We then went back to the beach to lay out.  There was a guy digging a hole near us and he dug the hole SO deep you couldn't see his head.  W got in the hole and took a picture saying she was digging her way back home (China).  We played mini golf again at Embers (I lost by MANY points) and then headed to Mackey's for dinner and to watch the sun setting on the bay side.  We went back to the hotel for the pool and hot tub for a while.  Then B and W left so we went to Dumsers again (forget the diet...) and I had the most amazing sundae ever.  We went back to the hotel to hear the live music and hang out on the deck.

Sunday:  Went to The Dough Roller again for breakfast, checked out and then headed to the OUTLETS!  Woo!  Got some clothes and then came home.  T came about two hours after we got home.  He had a good time as well.  Everyone is happy :)

Here are the few photos I was able to capture with my PHONE:

Feet in sand!

Sunrise from our balcony

Sunrise from the beach

Yummy breakfast

Without a camera... this is what I resort to...

Our sand sculpture

Feet in the sand...

Us :)  PALE

Still pale

Later that day... W and B!

Sunset on the bay and B

YUM!  Malt balls, vanilla and chocolate.


Do I HAVE to go back to work tomorrow!?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...