Thứ Năm, 6 tháng 12, 2012

Quilled Christmas Bells & Holly

Quilled christmas bells and christmas holly is a must to complete any quilled christmas decoration, so here is my version. The bells are quilled on molds using basic shapes. The bells have argent and ringer as well, all using strips.
I used a stem  described in my tutorial Stems Twigs and Trunks for the stem of the ringer .

For the holly I glued 4,  11' 3mm strips together for each leaf and shaped it like a holly leaf.
I shaped all the coils right to the center. so the center is not circular. Since the leaf is made from a long strip it tends to drop down in the middle so I applied glue to thry to hold it together, but smaller leaves with less space between coils will be firmer.

For the fruits I just quilled 3d caps with 3mm strips but you can try 1.5 mm strips to make 2 caps and glue them together to make the berries. Remember that the thickness of the strip will dictate the shape of the sphere.

Tutorial for quilling with molds is available here.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...