Thứ Sáu, 12 tháng 4, 2013

Quilled Flowers Nature Picture Art - Lilac & Butterflies

A quilled Flower Frame of Lilac and Butterflies inspired by the many quilled lilac  and vector pics I have seen. All the quilling I saw were of layered lilac flowers made from basic shapes, so I wanted to do it differently.

 Initially I thought of graphic quilling like the flowers in Blue Bird in a Bower, but it seemed  tedious  to do so many tiny flowers with strips, so I changed my mind and settled for using basic shapes. But, instead of making the flowers and layering, I glued the petals individually to form the bunch and I was amazed at the results. It looked layered!! Though this is the first time I have made flowers in 2d I am happy it looks like it has depth.


I have graphic quilled the leaves and have used  dark and light strips to get the tonal effects.

The butterflies are quilled with a combination of crimped and regular strips.

Love to have your feedback on this one too.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...