Thứ Sáu, 10 tháng 9, 2010

I Spy Bag

Although I was unable to join Beeps and S on their sewing date, I did do some sewing yesterday after my day with hubby.  I made a few bean bags for some colleagues and then I made T an I Spy bag!  I don't have a picture of the bag because T snatched it right up and SLEPT with it.   It's SO easy to make and I want to make another one for myself ;)

What you need:

sturdy fabric -- I used leftover fleece
thin clear vinyl
sewing machine
clear polyfil pellets (I had a hard time finding this... found it at Walmart in Towson yesterday!)
trinkets (my bag had a google eye, a broken mail key, plastic heart bead, penny, butterfly charm, macaroni noodle, 1 red Mike n Ike, seashell, sequin, pearl, broken cat earring, plastic pink turtle, small plastic tire, blue lego, rubber band, paper clip, silver letter blocks .. I think that's it)

1. Cut fabric so that you have a square or rectangular shape that will fit in your hand easily.
2. Cut an oval(or any other) shape into one piece of fabric... this will be your "window"
3. Cut your vinyl to overlap a bit of the window.. place on wrong side of fabric.
4. Sew the vinyl to the fabric using a zig-zag stitch or other reinforcing stitch.  In retrospect, I would have sewn twice to make sure that it's sturdy enough for the abuse of a toddler.
5.  Put right sides facing each other and sew around, leaving an inch opening.
6.  Turn right side out and place your trinkets inside.
7.  Fill with polyfil then shake the bag around a bit, keeping the hole closed.
8.  Stitch the hole closed... go over it twice to ensure that it will not come loose!

Enjoy :)

Edited to add photo:  (ignore the frayed edges... I wanted a "rustic look" and then I had to fix a leak near the window)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...