Thứ Bảy, 8 tháng 1, 2011

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Ever have one of those days as a parent that you totally can't figure out what compelled you to have a kid in the first place?  I had one of those days today.  I had to take a time out in a corner while I cried because I truly felt frustration beyond any I've ever had and I just wanted to SCREAM.  I don't want to be that parent and it made me SO mad that he drove me to that point.

How do you get a three year old to SHUT UP!?  It's like a constant narration of my life and the disk is scratched so I get to hear certain parts like five times before the next part of the narration.  I want to walk away but he follows me wherever I go!  I pay attention to what he says and answer back but he still feels the need to say it fifty more times!  Then the tantrums and the pouting and the talking back.  I tell him no and he goes and does it and says "but I just...".  I didn't think I'd have to deal with justifications until 5 or 6!   I told him it was quiet time and he proceeded to talk about how it was QUIET TIME.  OMG  Then later on tonight I told him it was bedtime and that after he went to bed I'd clean and go exercise... he proceeded to cry hysterically and tell me he didn't want me to exercise... over, and over and over again.  

I love the kid but, damn, I need a MUTE button.  I'm off to exercise (cue crying) and get a drink.

(After reading my post again and seeing the photo I took for today... maybe that didn't help)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...