Thứ Ba, 8 tháng 2, 2011

Count Your Blessings Tuesdays

Today I am grateful for:

  • a healthy husband-- glad he's not sick anymore!
  • a smooth start to grad school. I was freaking out about taking two classes but I still think it'll be ok.  Ask me in a couple of months when I have a major project due in each class.
  • a pretty nice kid.  I must say that T is a good kid (not biased or anything).  He says his please and thank yous without being prompted and he loves striking up conversations with everyone.
  • um... my lens.  Yeah... it's pretty awesome and I'm glad it lived up to all the hype.  
Speaking of lens.  I've been asked what this lens can do that my other lenses can't.  Well, all my lenses can take pictures but this lens allows me to focus in on the subject while completely obliterating the background into a soft...almost painted landscape.  I can also focus in on everything should I want that too.  The lens allows me to get closer to my subjects and also to back up a bit and take it all in.  It's wider than my other lenses so it takes in more of the scene.  I took some photos of C to show him the difference:

Look at the townhouses behind C.  I still was trying to make it "blurry" but did not set the camera to the max "blurry" setting. (9.0)


Look at the houses behind C now.  This is max "blurry"....(2.8)

"max blurry" (2.8)

Medium "blur" (3.5)

Tried to explain it without all the technical stuff.  I hope it helps!  Now, isn't C a great model?  ;)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...